Estate Planning: Leaving Behind Your Legacy
If you’re trying to plan out your estate and your assets, you may want to consult with an estate litigation lawyer Coeur d'Alene, ID can provide. Estate planning is the process in which a person chooses what will happen to all of their assets should they pass or become immobilized and are no longer able to manage their estate. Many people seek out the kindness and knowledge of an estate litigation lawyer Coeur d'Alene, ID residents trust from Bendell Law Firm. We can empathize with feelings that may be triggered while planning for your departure. We do believe it is a necessary step for feeling confident about what you leave behind and to whom you will leave it.
A professional estate litigation lawyer in Coeur d'Alene, ID at Bendell Law Firm has likely met with many people just like you. Our lawyers have helped many clients and families design estate plans that are tailored to their individual circumstances and needs.
Here are a few steps that a Coeur d'Alene estate litigation lawyer may assist you with during the planning stages.
Key Planning Steps
- Start an inventory of everything you own and owe: List account numbers, copies of original documents, summary for the handler of your will, names and contact information for advisers (all in which you keep in a very secured place).
- Create a contingency plan: If you or your spouse passed away or became incapacitated, creating a contingency puts in place a documented plan in which your family can continue your affairs (in addition to preventing them from having to attend court in order to do so).
- Provide for children and dependents: A way to provide for loved ones and what they may need in their future, this plan should involve provisions for offspring including specifying a guarding to care for children under 18.
- Asset protection: Minimizing expenses, strategies for transferring or eliminating assets like a business, stock, home and/or property.
- Document final wishes: Writing down how you wish to have your assets distributed among family members and loved ones (including retirement accounts and material assets).
- Appoint a fiduciary: Designating a person to act for you if you are unable to do so (for example: a will executor, asset trustee, power of attorney) and appointing a legal guardian to remaining dependents. It is important and that this person is aware and agrees to act on your behalf, based on the estate plan specifics laid out by an estate litigation lawyer Coeur d'Alene, ID has to offer.
By hiring an estate litigation lawyer Coeur d'Alene, ID offers at Bendell Law Firm, you can feel more confident in your estate management. Our team may help you figure out how to distribute the wealth you have accumulated and prevent unanticipated events that may interfere with your beneficiaries receiving their assets. We may assist in creating an estate plan that gives you peace of mind, and gives your family a secure future.
Any of the attorneys at Bendell Law Firm are ready to talk with you about estate planning, what exactly that encompasses, and how to create a final document you are satisfied with. If you are just starting to plan out your estate, we hope to hear from you soon to continue the planning process. Call an estate litigation lawyer Coeur d'Alene, ID families depend on today at 208-215-2255.